We got a little, plastic pool over the weekend and Noah and I went out today to enjoy it. I got him in a little swimmer diaper, put on his swim trunks and got him all coated in sunblock. And of course the fun only lasted ten minutes. I was surprised at his reaction in the pool. He didn't seem scared and wasn't terribly clingy, but was just really cautious. He never sat down in the water, but he got pretty close. We started out with me sitting in the pool and he sat in my lap so he was completely out of the water. (Keep in mind there was no more than 4 inches of water and it was fairly warm water. I thought it was pretty inviting.) I tried to splash around a little to show him how much fun it could be, but I don't think he bought it. He finally decided he was okay standing in the water. And then at the end he sat on my foot, which put his bottom in the water, but not too deep. He never got really upset, but just seemed bored after a while, so we went inside. We'll keep trying and I think he'll really start to enjoy the pool!
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Swimming!
We got a little, plastic pool over the weekend and Noah and I went out today to enjoy it. I got him in a little swimmer diaper, put on his swim trunks and got him all coated in sunblock. And of course the fun only lasted ten minutes. I was surprised at his reaction in the pool. He didn't seem scared and wasn't terribly clingy, but was just really cautious. He never sat down in the water, but he got pretty close. We started out with me sitting in the pool and he sat in my lap so he was completely out of the water. (Keep in mind there was no more than 4 inches of water and it was fairly warm water. I thought it was pretty inviting.) I tried to splash around a little to show him how much fun it could be, but I don't think he bought it. He finally decided he was okay standing in the water. And then at the end he sat on my foot, which put his bottom in the water, but not too deep. He never got really upset, but just seemed bored after a while, so we went inside. We'll keep trying and I think he'll really start to enjoy the pool!


We got a little, plastic pool over the weekend and Noah and I went out today to enjoy it. I got him in a little swimmer diaper, put on his swim trunks and got him all coated in sunblock. And of course the fun only lasted ten minutes. I was surprised at his reaction in the pool. He didn't seem scared and wasn't terribly clingy, but was just really cautious. He never sat down in the water, but he got pretty close. We started out with me sitting in the pool and he sat in my lap so he was completely out of the water. (Keep in mind there was no more than 4 inches of water and it was fairly warm water. I thought it was pretty inviting.) I tried to splash around a little to show him how much fun it could be, but I don't think he bought it. He finally decided he was okay standing in the water. And then at the end he sat on my foot, which put his bottom in the water, but not too deep. He never got really upset, but just seemed bored after a while, so we went inside. We'll keep trying and I think he'll really start to enjoy the pool!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment